Traffic today, 10 Sept 2014

Son left for work at 6:15 a.m. Usually I track him some minutes later, to determine his progress and whether I need to pray to the angels to help him get to work on time.

This am, I was shocked. Some 30 minutes after he left the house, he was maybe 1.5 km away merely. And I’m guessing the distance, but when I saw the photo he posted in Facebook, I was alarmed. He was in the flyover over Katipunan still. I was tempted to tell him to just call in sick and come home, but I held my peace. Forty minutes after he started out he was in White Plains, then maybe after over an hour in EDSA in front of Camp Aguinaldo. It was horrifying. Okay, I exaggerate, but you get the drift. Close to two hours, he texted, saying he wasn’t in the Rockwell area yet. He got to the office 2.5 hours later, ergo, 1.5 hours late.

When the Wheelmobile came, I told Mang Roger about my son’s experience. He said from Fairview to Ayala took him 2 hours. He started out at 5 a.m. The MRT was busted, he said.

As for son’s experience, it was caused by a stalled truck in C-5, then Libis, some accident in EDSA, etc.

So, when we left the house at 10:40 for Shangrila, I was expecting the worst. Luckily, the aircon of the old Wheelmobile was performing really well. We got to Shang 1.5 hours later. I was famished.

Though I could have used the Wheelmobile till 6:30 without going beyond 8 hours, by 4:20, we headed for home. I stuck to my list of errands, doing the groceries included.

This time, instead of going through White Plains, Mang Roger took the EDSA route, turning right into Kamias, Anonas,  etc. The worst traffic of the trip home was along Xavierville Avenue and Esteban Abada. The trip took 40 minutes.


Son got home pretty early, maybe 6:30 pm. His drive home lasted an hour.


Oh yes, I experienced riding with one lane of trucks to my left along Katipunan up to Blue Ridge. It felt a bit claustrophobic because the trucks were tall and huge and they followed each other strictly on my left. I tried to avoid looking in that direction. It felt so cramped, suddenly. The one lane for the trucks was the middle lane. Mang Roger said this was better than having them take the innermost lane or the outermost one in terms of other vehicles’ being able to turn right or left without  having to negotiate between humongous trucks. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s